There’s still a chill in the air in Central Ohio, but according to the calendar, at least, Spring is officially here. The season means that our property managers and maintenance staff are hard at work, helping the communities recover after a long winter. Now that the snow is melted, the grounds are being cleaned, and buildings are being inspected for power-washing and repairs.
It can be a daunting task, Spring Cleaning, but it doesn’t have to be for you in your own apartment. Spring Cleaning helps get those often overlooked areas of your home back in shape, and leaves a feeling of satisfaction to enjoy for the remaining seasons of the year. But where do you even start?
Try breaking your home into rooms and focusing on one (or two small ones) a week for the month of April. By the end of the month, your apartment will be fresher and cleaner before you even realize how much you have done. Let’s start with the living room:
Living Room Spring Cleaning Checklist:
1. Open your windows
2. Wipe down windows, trim and sills
3. Vacuum floors and move couches/chairs to vacuum under
4. Vacuum and spot clean apolstery
5. Dust furniture and electronics
6. Organize electronic cables and cords and tuck them away
7. Go through movie, music, and book collections and sort out what you could donate and what you want to keep
8. Use a dryer sheet to easily dust baseboards and vent registers.
9. Use an extendable duster to reach high and low corners to clean out cobwebs
There you go. Not even ten steps to a much cleaner living area. Do you have any tips to share of your own? Now relax until next week when you’ll tackle the kitchen.