Now that the main areas of your apartment home have been thoroughly cleaned, it’s time to move on to the other rooms, namely the bedrooms of your apartment and the closets. If you are like the average person, these rooms can get messy and disorganized for two simple reasons: 1) Most of your belongings are in these rooms and 2) The mess in these rooms can be easily concealed by a closed door whenever company arrives.
It’s easy to let your bedrooms and closets get away from you, but this also makes them a prime candidate for some serious spring cleaning.
Spring Cleaning Your Bedrooms and Closets:
1. Open Windows and wipe out window sills and window tracks
2. Dust bedroom furniture
3. Remove items from under your bed and sort through them
4. Vacuum underneath bed
5. Take items out of dresser drawers and set aside items that you no longer wear, so that you can donate them
6. Nicely re-fold the items you plan to keep and put them back in the drawers
7. Now do the same for your hanging items in your closet, setting aside items to donate and organizing those to keep
8. Flip your mattress and sprinkle it with baking soda to freshen it. Vacuum up the baking soda after it sits for a few minutes.
9. Wash your walls and trim as needed
No one wants to sleep surrounded by dust and clutter, so use this spring cleaning time to get your bedrooms and closets back in shape. Now it’s your turn to sound off! What methods do you employ to keep these rooms in your home clean and organized?